Supporting CORCAN programs
CORCAN supports the safe reintegration of federal offenders by providing them with marketable employment and employability skills as well as support services. These include:
- soft skills (i.e. communication skills)
- on-the-job skill development
- vocational certificates and certified apprenticeships
- employment search services and interventions in the community
Skills training and institutional employment increase the likelihood that offenders will get a job in the community. In fact, research shows that offenders who maintain community employment are nearly three times less likely to reoffend than those who are unemployed.
Purchasing CORCAN products contributes to CSC’s reintegration efforts and supports CORCAN programs. These programs provide offenders with the skills and job experience needed to reintegrate into the community as law abiding and contributing members of society.
How to acquire from CORCAN
The Treasury Board of Canada granted CORCAN Special Supplier Status. This allows federal departments and agencies to acquire from CORCAN through a Stores Transfer Order (STO). Due to the nature of STOs, other government departments can acquire directly from CORCAN. This supports timely transfers and operational continuity of departments and agencies.
Quick facts about acquiring from CORCAN
- An STO is not a purchase but a transfer of Crown assets between departments.
- An STO must be initiated instead of a tendering process being posted, as CORCAN will not bid on tenders.
- Government of Canada acquisition cards are not accepted on STOs.
- Chapter 9.3 of the Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) Supply Manual contains a detailed guide about purchasing from CORCAN (https://buyandsell.gc.ca/policy-and-guidelines/Supply-Manual )
CORCAN products and services
Through CORCAN’s programs goods and services are available for purchase. For example:
Furniture and other manufactured products
- Workstations and systems furniture (including office layout and design services when purchasing from CORCAN)
- Ergonomic office seating and other activity based and ergonomic furniture
- Metal lockers and shelving
- Height adjustable tables and desks
- Wood and metal products by design
- Wide range of construction and renovation services
- Modular and ready to move buildings
- Design-build services
- Custom design including engineer stamped drawings
- Laundry services
- Vehicle refurbishment
- Printing services
- Laser engraved nametags and signage
- Uniforms and other garments
- Bedding, towels and drapes
- Tents and tarps (RF Welding)
- Webbing products
- Custom textiles
Call us: 1-800-267-0354
Save Time with the Quick-Ship Program
The CORCAN National Distribution Centre in Kingston, Ontario stocks all our most popular products, which are available to you through our Quick-Ship Program. Orders placed with any of our sales offices across the country will be shipped from our Kingston location. Where CORCAN installation services are required, delivery will be coordinated with our installation team to ensure your new CORCAN products are set up at your location in accordance with your specific instructions.
Check the product description to see if Quick-Ship is available.
We sincerely appreciate your choice of a CORCAN product. When you purchase our products, you are purchasing much more than high quality… you are buying peace of mind! Our motto “Quality from the inside out” is not just a catchy slogan. In fact, we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction that each CORCAN standard product we sell carries a 10 year warranty against all defects in materials, operation and workmanship, excluding fabric, mechanical and electrical parts which are warranted for a period of 5 years. Defects resulting from abuse, misuse, neglect or improper use, care, maintenance or treatment or from repairs or alterations which affects the performance, stability or capability of the product to meet its normal design function are excluded under this warranty. For products identified in CORCAN planning, installation, or user guides, the warranty will not apply in circumstances where the product has been installed or used in a manner not recommended in these guides. CORCAN shall not be liable under this warranty provision or otherwise for normal wear and tear of the product. This warranty is not transferable.
Our Quality Guarantee: all CORCAN mattresses have a one-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Our Quality Guarantee: all CORCAN textile products have a one-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
Our Quality Guarantee: all CORCAN custom products have a one-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.